Optimized caps protect motors and connectors. Motors and connectors are often exposed to extreme conditions, such as spraying water, ignition dust, oil or fat, in industrial production.
The standard protection is metal caps, which come with plenty of downsides:
- Costly installation and removal
- Risk of injury
- Heat up
- Possibly let water through
- Risk of corrosion
- Electrical conductor
In collaboration with maintenance experts, ALMI Alfred Michels GmbH & Co. KG, Mülheim/Ruhr, has been able to develop an optimized protective cap. Under the premise of “maximum prevention and maximum safety”, this new IdurTherm ALMI-TEX cap is a simple yet effective solution for motor and cable protection problems in industrial processes.
Benefits of new protective caps compared to metal caps
- Easy handling when installing and removing
- Flexibility in terms of size, application conditions
- No risk of injury thanks to better surface structure
- Protects from moisture
- Resistant to radiation heat thanks to ALMI-TEX
- Not an electrical conductor
- Minimizes downtime thanks to earthing
Flexibility is important considering possible application options.
The caps can be tailored to various motor sizes and shapes. The production of protective caps is also very versatile – from individual pieces to small and large batches.
The spectrum of applications opened up by this new product is much broader:
As well as motor caps, the company also offers plenty of protective accessories made from this material, such as cuffs, curtains and tubing for various applications.
PDF download » Stahl und Eisen 8.2010
“Stahl und Eisen” industry magazine